The ValueLead project was launched and hosted by Humboldt University in partnership with Haramaya and Egerton Universities, respectively.
The project intends to facilitate the provision of appropriate knowledge in the areas of sustainable and quality - oriented fresh - food management.
Humboldt University in Berlin, supervises the framework for the implementation of the project by its partners.
The areas of focus for implementing the project are as follows:
- Empowering People: Institutional Capacity building and self sufficiency.
- Effective Co-ordination: Develop sustainable partnership and networking.
- Environmental Protection: Enable the diffusion of ecologically sound production and distribution practices
- Enhancing Policies: Active participation of policy makers to improve food chains and facilitate the integration of smallholders.
Topic of Interest:
The following topical issues are intensively covered by the project:
- Food Chain Analysis.
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Technique.
- Interdisciplinary Education.
- Integrated Approach.
- Lessons learned would be replicated by partners in the respective universities.
- Sustainable partnership among universities, relevant industries and regional institutions.
- Best practice mechanisms in agriculture and horticulture with a view to alleviating poverty and ensuring sustainable development in Kenya and Ethiopia.