Capacity Building for Strengthening the Livestock Value Chain (LVC) programme is designed to contribute to increased sustainable agricultural production, to employment in the private sector, a better business climate and better performing male and female entrepreneurs in view of Dutch trade and investments.
- Enhanced academic and organizational capacity to manage and operate a Centre of Excellence for Livestock Innovation and Business (CoELIB) with regional scope that is labour market oriented and gender sensitive.
- Enhanced academic and organizational capacity to manage and operate a successful agribusiness incubator in the Livestock Value Chain (LVC) with an international scope that benefits young graduates and innovative entrepreneurs.
- Egerton University has strengthened managerial capacity and organizational structures to operate a Centre of Excellence for Livestock Innovation and Business(CoELIB) with regional market oriented and gender sensitive
- Egerton University has enhanced academic capacity in the various relevant disciplines in pedagogy, gender mainstreaming, entrepreneurship, incubation, outreach and consultancy
- Newly developed and revised practical competence based training courses offered by the CoELIB that pay sufficient attention to business development, entrepreneurship, gender and inclusiveness.
- Extension and outreach programmes at CoELIB operationalized and staff capacitated in initiating, conducting and managing of outreach and extension undertakings in livestock innovation and inclusive business practices.
- Egerton University has strengthened organizational capacity to manage the CoELIB agribusiness incubator with an international scope that benefits young graduates and innovative entrepreneurs.
- CoELIB established and strengthened linkages with private stakeholders, technology suppliers and other incubators in Kenya, region and Europe.
- Faculty staff of the Faculty of Agriculture of Egerton University in the Departments of Animal Sciences, Dairy and Food Science and Technology, and Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management
- Staff at the Centre of Excellence for Livestock Innovation and Business (CoELIB) and Tatton Agriculture Park.
- Gender and Women Institute of Egerton University.
- Young graduates from agricultural institutions
- Innovative entrepreneurs
- Farmers and traders- both male and female
- Producers and Market Associations
- Livestock and policy makers
- Development agencies
- Workers and employees